SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Wishful Wednesday [6] - Sherlock Holmes

made and edited by me
Hi guys! Well, it's been awhile since I've posted a Wishful Wednesday meme. I think my last one was like months ago from last year. Anyways, I saw that the WW meme is celebrating its fourth anniversary! Woooow, so it has been four years since this meme started so happy birthday to Wishful Wednesday! Of course to celebrate this occasion, kak Astrid is doing a giveaway and I am certainly not passing this opportunity up! HEHE.

So, here's my Wishful Wednesday for this week!


Blurb:
Since his first appearance in Beeton’s Christmas Annual in 1887, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes has been one of the most beloved fictional characters ever created. Now, in two paperback volumes, Bantam presents all fifty-six short stories and four novels featuring Conan Doyle’s classic hero - a truly complete collection of Sherlock Holmes’s adventures in crime!

Volume I includes the early novel A Study in Scarlet, which introduced the eccentric genius of Sherlock Holmes to the world. This baffling murder mystery, with the cryptic word Rache written in blood, first brought Holmes together with Dr. John Watson. Next, The Sign of Four presents Holmes’s famous “seven percent solution” and the strange puzzle of Mary Morstan in the quintessential locked - room mystery. Also included are Holmes’s feats of extraordinary detection in such famous cases as the chilling “ The Adventure of the Speckled Band,” the baffling riddle of “The Musgrave Ritual,” and the ingeniously plotted “The Five Orange Pips,” tales that bring to life a Victorian England of horse-drawn cabs, fogs, and the famous lodgings at 221B Baker Street, where Sherlock Holmes earned his undisputed reputation as the greatest fictional detective of all time.
Reasons:
First up let me just say "yes, I haven't read any Sherlock Holmes book." Please don't judge me! But I am very, very curious about it. I have watched all of the movie adaptations that are out now (well, the ones with Robert Downey Jr. anyway). Still, haven't got the interest to see the BBC TV series adaptation with Benedict Cumberbatch even though everyone seemed to have watched it.

So, yeah the reason is that I want to start reading Sherlock books and this one is quite cheap. It is below the maximum limit of the price range in this giveaway. The book can be bought here. It's in mass market paperback, the kind of format I love reading since it is very easy to carry around but I expect this one is going to be a bit hefty with over 1000 pages and all. 

Hopefully I'll win?! *fingers crossed*

That's it for now!

1 comment:

  1. dari dulu pingin buku ini nggak tau kenapa belum kesampaian aja XD semoga beruntung ya fin! Thanks udah ikutan...

    ReplyDelete