SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Book Review: Never Never: Part Two (Never Never, #2) by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher

Author: Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher
Publisher: Hoover Ink
Pages: 157
Format: E-book
Published: May, 2015
Price: $7.99 -> Rp107.170 (Amazon)
Rating: 4 / 5 stars
Date started: February 24, 2015 - Date finished: February 25, 2016

Synopsis:
“Never forget that I was your first real kiss. Never forget that you’ll be my last.
And never stop loving me between all of them. 
Never stop, Charlie. 
Never forget.” 

Silas races against time as more truths unravel, while others twist tighter together. And now, the stakes are higher as Silas’ control slips and others begin to point fingers. Charlie is in trouble and he must be the one to bridge the chasm between their past and their present. Because somewhere between I love yous and Never Nevers and Never Agains, a truth they can't imagine, beckons to be found. 

“Where are you, Charlie?”
Review:
Continuing on after what happened in the first book, Charlie Wynwood and Silas Nash once again have lost their memories. The last thing that happened in the first book was that they got in a huge fight and then Charlie left in a hurry. So in this second part of the series we follow firstly Silas where in the wake of losing his own memories he has to deal with the fact that Charlie is now missing. As he tries to piece the clues together from letters he and Charlie wrote to each other and the journals Charlie wrote to find out where exactly Charlie is.

In addition to that, even though Silas seems to be the only one who realized that Charlie is missing (besides her sister Jeanette). The police is considering Silas as the main suspect of Charlie's disappearance because of this he has to race to beat the time to find Charlie before their memories are gone again or before the police catch up to him.

On the other hand, Charlie is trapped somewhere that she doesn't know. She thinks she's in a mental hospital but suspicious things are happening in this so-called mental hospital because (1) she's been seen by the same nurse over and over again and (2) nobody will tell her what she's held up for. The suspense is real, people!!
“Until then, never lose hope. Never stop loving me. Never forget. Never Never,”
It has been awhile since I've read the first book in this series. I was looking for a little light reading and then stumbled upon this book on my Kindle. Therefore I decided to read it, of course the story is still told from two povs, which is Charlie's and Silas. One more thing in this second part of the series is that it still left me in the dark when it comes to the reason why both of them always forget. One thing I know for sure know is that every 48 hours they forget again at exactly 11 o'clock (if I'm not mistaken) but besides that new information, nothing new is happening in this book and that's why I like it, I like being kept in the dark and out of the loop when I'm reading it just prepares me more for a great plot twist, which I hope is happening in the third and last book of the series.
“I would give anything to have that memory back--to see what it was like between us when we loved each other enough to believe it was forever.”
“Never forget how right it felt when my lips finally touched yours.
...
Never forget the way you pulled closer - wanting it to feel like my heart was beating inside your
chest.”
After reading the second book, I've realized how beautiful the writing of Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher is. I especially love the letters Charlie and Nash wrote and also the journals that Charlie wrote. They were beautiful, I really, really liked them. There were also a lot of "quotable" lines that you may see throughout this review. One thing is for certain, even though they forgot about each other I can still feel the chemistry between Charlie and Silas.

This short book is also packed with some supporting characters' development. I feel like in this second book we get to know more about Landon and Jeanette, which isn't really that important in the first book. I do hope that the third book will be a great conclusion to this trilogy. I'm hoping to find out what really happened between Charlie and Silas' families and also why every 48 hours they seem to always forget about each other.

If those two questions are not answered by the end of the third book I might have to hate this series just because of it because I need answers dear Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher! Not more cliffhangers like the first book and this book had.

That's it for now!

No comments

Post a Comment