SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, November 16, 2015

Book Review: This Book Loves You by PewDiePie

Author: PewDiePie
Publisher: Penguin
Pages: 256
Format: E-book
Published: October, 2015
Price: $11.11 -> Rp152.857 (Amazon)
Rating: 4 / 5 stars

Date started: November 16, 2015 - Date finished: November 16, 2015

Synopsis:
This Book Loves You by PewDiePie is a collection of beautifully illustrated inspirational sayings by which you should live your life. If you follow each and every one, your life will become easier, more fabulous, more rewarding. 

Imagine what a chilled-out and wonderful human being people would think you were if you lived by the simple principle "You can never fail if you never try." Your wasted life would be an inspiration to others. Think of all the pointless, unhappy striving you could simply give up. Throw away that guitar! Give up on your dreams! Embrace your astounding mediocrity. 

This Book Loves You has something for everyone--or at least everyone willing to give up and stop caring. If all else fails, remember: "Don’t be yourself. Be a pizza. Everyone loves pizza."
Review:
As you might've read from the synopsis of the book, this book is about a collection of quotes written by Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg or better known as PewDiePie, the YouTube star with over 40 million subscribers. The quotes presented here in this book are beautifully designed, illustrated, and put together in a beautiful layout. What I must tell you is that the quotes in here are somewhat different from inspirational quotes you might've seen anywhere else.

What I mean by different is that the quotes here are funny, witty, clever, original, and clearly it's written in the style of PewDiePie. For some people, the quotes can either be a pick-me-up quotes or a knock-you-down quotes. But, don't take it personally it's just quotes!
Don't be afraid to say how u feel, because no one is going to care anyway.
First off, let me give myself a pat on the back for being able to finish a non-fiction book. Granted it is kind of a cheat since the non-fiction book I've finished is a collection of quotes but it's non-fiction nonetheless so I'm counting it! From the title itself, you can see that it is already a quite mind-grabbing title "This Book Loves You" what does it mean? It can mean anything really, it can mean that this book will love you unconditionally, bigger than anyone ever will or it can mean something else it's definitely up to your own interpretation.
Don't be yourself, be a pizza. Everyone loves pizza.
There's plenty of fish in the sea but they don't want to stay with you either.
The beginning of this book for me is already quite hilarious. It starts with an introduction of why this book was created. It said that this book was created by our Lord PewDiePie as a guidance for people. Funny right?

For myself personally, some of the quotes relate to me so well, like the one below I feel like it is so me, I feel like this everyday. Trust me when I say the struggle of leaving my bed is real. I don't know if any one of you feel the same way as I do about sleeping but I just love sleeping and my bed so much!!↓↓

literally how I want to start my day everyday | screenshot by myself
and of course there are some awesomely-whimsical quotes as where when you read it your expression would be "DUH, of course" or "Oh yeah!" like this one right here↓↓

unicorns FTW! | screenshot by myself
And of course some could be very beautiful and poetic, like this one↓↓

that's called taking things "literally" | screenshot by myself
Alas, I would've given this book a 5 star rating because of it was able to make me giggle, smiled uncontrollably like a psychopath (you'll get it when you read this book). But I took it down a star because my reading experience was through its e-book format and reading a book like this I feel is more appropriate when you read from the physical copy. It's my own fault but I'm not gonna blame myself for it! I'm gonna blame the book! HAHA.

By the way, I think I'm going to buy the physical copy of this book to add to my collection of beautiful books like my copy of Beats Apart and #88 LOVE LIFE when I have the money because this book is expensive! To be honest I read the e-book because I was curious of what's inside the book. I urge you guys to read this book cause hey, who wouldn't like a little chuckle of entertainment in our boring little life?!

© books-over-all ©

No comments

Post a Comment